Saturday, August 23, 2008

bad, BAD Virus!

I just thought I would warn everybody that there is a bad virus going around in the family. Chet had it, Mom got it and now I am the latest victim. Just to clarify we are all doing fine but I cannot say the same for my computer...*sniff*.

Chet is doing all that he can to save it but it is looking like we may have to say our goodbye's. Thus said, I may not respond to emails or posts quickly because I am using his work laptop right now. Just a word of caution...the offending virus is actually spyware that is called ANTIVIRUS XP 2008. It is a false antivirus ad that pretty much takes over your system until it's basically inoperable. It will tell you that you have virus's and try to get you to buy their product to remove them. But the product doesn't exist so they get your money and you get a computer that doesn't work! I got this just by doing a google search on some health sites, so beware of what you surf. It's highly worth and strongly advised that you purchase a good antivirus and antispyware application. One that Chet was able to save mom's with is called "Spyhunter" and you can purchase it for about $30 online. However, it didn't save mine. Just a word of caution because it's out there and Chet knows of other's who have got it recently also! It is a really BAD one!!!

If your computer's health happens to be so unlucky, take two scan disks and call Chet in the morning!

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

I am hoping mine hangs in there until Randal's uncle sends my new one. I have been fearing it catching a bad virus. I wish you the best!

CaliMama said...

Oh I hope you get your computer problem fixed soon. And thanks for the heads up. I thought at first you were all sick like health wise. Good thing it is not that...:)