Wednesday, December 10, 2008

It's Party Time!!!

At least that's what Hunter has been thinking for these last few days. I have 3 extra kids for most of the week and they are none other than his bestest buddy, Davis and his sisters, Tiara and McCall. Sonda and Dave are on a fun cruise to celebrate their 10th Anniversary...so jealous...and I am taking care of their 3 youngest.

Things have gone good and the kids have had so much fun. I've had to break up a few fights once in a while but nothing I don't have to do with my own kids as it is. Davis and Hunter play so well together and the girls are darling. McCall is just the sweetest baby girl and Sonda may not get her back :) Chet and the kids have also been a big help in entertaining them and giving me a break once they get home. I will say that I have a huge admiration for mom for raising 7 kids of her own as well as a foster child. She is my hero!


The little gamer's. They could just sit and do this all day!

It's been fun having "little" girls around the house again. Tiara is such a total girl too. She knows exactly what she wants to wear, what socks will match, what shoes she wants to wear with the outfit and what clip she wants in her hair. She's destined for the fashion world!

Two peas in a pod!

Yesterday this just happened to show up on my porch via UPS. I knew Chet didn't do it because I know him too well. Besides, why would he just leave it there and give it to me now instead of for Christmas? Hmmm could it be an early drop off from Santa? I really doubt it although I'm SURE the first initial "S" was involved in the giving.

I have been wanting a little sewing machine that I can have for little projects and things that I need to do around here or for my kids. I knew they went on really good sales on Black Friday so I had talked about getting one then. Well, I decided against it and figured I'd just get one "sometime".

Well, Sonda kept offering to pay me or fly me out somewhere for taking her kids but I told her I wasn't taking her money, especially at Christmas time and I was just doing this for her as a friend and as a mom who knows what it's like to try and dish kids out so I can go on a nice trip with my husband!

So, THANK YOU Sonda and Dave for the really nice sewing machine! It is definitely nicer than one I would've picked out for myself. And it's A LOT more than you should've done!!! You are definitely NOT taking us to dinner now! I hope you have a very nice vacation and enjoy your "ALONE" time together. All of us who are parents of little kids know that those don't come very often!

3 comments:

Cami Jo said...

That's good that the kids get along well. It could make one really awful week if all they did was fight! I bet the kids are loving it. Something new to entertain them for a few days. I'm jealous of the cruise too! Hopefully they enjoy the break! You are so good to watch them for them!

Candace said...

Wow... my hat is off to you for being willing to take on the task! Don't know if I could handle it. Hope it all goes well. GOOD LUCK!!

Sonda said...

You were such an angel to take my kids and, YES, we are still going to dinner. Don't you need a break after last week? Thank you again and I REALLY owe you one!!!