Wednesday, December 3, 2008

O Christmas Tree....

One of the best things about Christmas are the traditions and festivities. When it comes to our Christmas tree we have a little fake one downstairs that the kids decorate with the ornaments we give them every year as well as any that they make in school. Then we go and get a real one for upstairs.

Now, I like the whole traditional idea of going and picking out a real tree as well as the smell that it gives the house. However, I find that fake trees are cleaner, easier, less expensive in the long run and you don't have to worry so much about a fire hazard! I am really wanting a pre-lit tree to go upstairs in our front room as well but Chet is a very traditional person and INSISTS on getting a real tree every year. Even though he usually ends up grumpy and cussing b/c of the fuss and mess of it all. I just remind him that this is HIS idea to get a real one every year.

On the other hand, because he is such a traditional person and this means a lot to him to go out and get a real one every year I don't feel that it is my place to take that away from him. I think there will come a time when we're both too old to go out and get a real one so why not enjoy it and make the most of this tradition now, right?

We went to Smith's Marketplace to find our perfect tree.


What about this one?


And the winner is...


It really is a beautiful tree and my house smells so good right now! The smell won't last and when it doesn't I have a scentsy on the way to make up for it!

6 comments:

Jeanne said...

Very lovely in your pretty room!

Audrey said...

what a great tree!! I miss having a real tree and the great smell of pine...

Anonymous said...

Yea! I love the real tree's! looks good

Gunner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gunner said...

You probably want to get one like they describe in Christmas Story that "looks like a bunch of pipe cleaners" haha And it's not just about "My" traditions. The kids will remember picking one out when they're older too. I should insist on putting that beautiful star we have on the downstairs tree on our real upstairs tree! :) "Little full...Lot of sap in here"

Jana Sohm said...

Don't you love Christmas? It is so fun getting everything all ready. I love your family pictures at the top of your blog. You look so good! When was that taken?