
We had quite the busy weekend. Not only trying to get some last minute stuff done but adding in a Jr. Jazz game and several Christmas parties!
Saturday we had the Diamse Family Christmas party. We ate some great Filipino food, played a game with some white elephant gifts and of course you can't have a Filipino party without the dancing! Chet probably thinks "what did I get myself into" when all of the Diamse's are together but we have fun and I just have to say...I love my family!!!
My parents are headed to San Diego to spend Christmas with Tracy and Christina. So, we are on our own for Christmas Eve this year and had to do our big family Christmas "brunch" and gift exchange on Sunday morning before church.
Then after church we met up with the Fullmer Family at Grandma and Grandpa's and had our annual Christmas talent show and caroling. We almost didn't get to go caroling b/c our family is getting SO big and it's getting hard to find a trailer that will fit us all. But thanks to Beau we were able to borrow a trailer and sing to our hearts content...not well, I might add...but we were able to go! Then it was back to Grandma's for treats and best of all hot chocolate!
I really didn't mean for the text to get bigger as it went...ha! I don't know what happened there.

Kylee played her own version of Christmas Canon on the piano that she composed by herself in about 20 minutes. She did it all by ear and I am quite impressed with her talent. (sorry had to have mommy bragging moment.) Makayla played a song on the piano and on the recorder, Talon played "Jingle Bells" on the guitar and Chet played a couple of songs for us on his guitar. As he was setting up his guitar and amp the little kids were asking when they should start plugging their ears...haha!




2 comments:
You've got some great little musicians there! How fun to have a family talent show.
I know I have said it before, but I think that your families traditions are very cool and fun! It really puts into practical application to share ones' talents.
Post a Comment