Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Real or Fake?

Christmas is almost here and the kids have finally passed the word onto Santa himself what they want him to bring them.

We had our Fullmer Family Christmas party and talent show last night and had so much fun. We had dinner and then the kids did their talents. Kylee played "Only Hope" from "A Walk to Remember" by Mandy Moore on the piano. Makayla did a dance, Talon played "Jingle Bells" on the guitar...learned it in 4 days and did great! And Hunter...well, he had good intentions to sing "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" but being my shy child, it didn't happen.

Then to top off the evening Santa came! The minute we lined up to see him Hunter took a good look at him and turned to me and said, "That's Grandpa!". I said, " No it isn't, he's right there, see?" and pointed him out in the crowd. Then he took another look at Santa, turned and said, "It's ANOTHER Grandpa!" He sat on his lap, told him what he wanted and collected his goody bag. When he came up to me afterwards he said, "He's fake." pretty matter of factly...haha

So tonight we went to South Towne Mall and after waiting over an hour and a half in line we got to see the REAL Santa. Hunter was very sure that he was the real one and was happy. How lucky are we that the REAL Santa chooses to go to the mall closest to us?!



Poor Makayla pretty much did her dance without any music b/c one speaker didn't work and it wasn't very loud...even with the volume turned up all the way. She will make up for it on Monday night at her Christmas Dance Recital if anybody wants to see it WITH the music and costumes!


5 comments:

Jeanne said...

How fun! I love that your family does the talent show. I bet that is the best part!

Cami Jo said...

I'm bummed I missed the party. Hopefully they are all planning on doing their talents at Grandma's house on Sunday???
Well, our Mall Santa looks like crap, but we've NEVER had to wait in a line to see him! That's a plus, I guess. Especially since my kids don't know the difference yet!

Cute pictures! Can't wait to see ya soon!

stephanie said...

looks like another fun fullmer family christmas party! i'm bummed we always miss it and don't get to see everyone! have a wonderful christmas!

Anonymous said...

Oh she did great w- what she had to work with! they all did a great job!

Jana Sohm said...

That is so fun to have a family talent show. I bet all the kids love being involved.