Wednesday, August 26, 2009

School Days, School Days and "Kiddy"garten


All of the kids started school on different days so I have been waiting until they ALL went back to post this. Today that happened...ALL kids are officially back in school...some going for their first time EVER! *sniff*

Makayla and Talon started a week ago on Monday. Nothing like coming home from St. George on Sunday and have to go back to school the next day. They weren't very excited about that! Makayla is in 5th grade this year and Talon is in 3rd.
Makayla LOVED these shoes...


I just have to laugh at the difference between boys and girls. Talon got in line (after a chaotic morning of trying to figure out who his teacher even was! Unbeknownst to the parents, the school made several changes since posting the classes...ugh!) and he said "hi" to his friends and that was that.

Makayla, on the other hand, upon seeing her friends, they all SQUEAL with delight, run and hug and hug and giggle and hug some more! haha
Gotta love girls! :) I can'te believe how fast both Tal and Kayla have gotten to this point...it seems like yesterday they started Kindergarten!

Kayla and her peeps...

Speaking of Kindergarten,("kiddygarten" as he calls it) Hunter started his first day yesterday! He was so excited but I, on the other hand, have been bawling for the last 2 weeks!

He was so cute, as I was crying...trying not to let him see me...he came up and said "give me a hug and a kiss!" Then he just hugged me and tried to console me...saying, "I'll miss you to infinitey and beyond and back!" I think he was trying to make me feel better by letting me know he wouldn't have a completely AWESOME day because he WOULD miss me. haha... Then I said, "I will miss you so much, I will be lonely!" He said, "Well, maybe you could just hang out with Cash!" Lol... not a bad idea if Cash could talk!

He is such a cute boy and my little buddy. I am having a hard time letting him go because I know how quickly time will go and before I know it he will be where Kylee's at!
One day at a time...and enjoying each moment!!!


He loved his new backpack and wanted a picture of it!

AND his new shoes that lit up when he walked!! I was hoping to convince him on some other ones but for some strange reason shoes with lights really appealed to him!
He was so excited to FINALLY be going to school with Davis. Davis is in a different class and on a different track but at least they get to be in kindergarten at the same time and play on the playground at recess together!


Waving goodbye before the teacher took him away... :(
(do I make it sound like he's never coming back?...it sure feels that way!)

...and he's gone! I was so sad I took Kylee to lunch and drowned my sorrows with FOOD and a SHAKE!
Little miss Kylee Fu started 8th grade today! I can't believe how fast she has grown. I can't wait to find out how her day went! :)

I am realizing more and more how in trouble I am! As I am with her, I'm noticing the boys turning their heads and looking at her....UGH!! NOOOOO!!!!

We are locking her away for GOOD!


6 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh my goodness - STOP GROWING you all! I mean it! Such cute pictures! The first day is always so exciting and fun! I used to get sick every year the night before because I was so anxious. Way fun pictures - you have such a cute family!

Shareen said...

What gorgeous picture of Kylee. You really better lock her in the basement until she is 25. That was my idea for Felicia but we all see how that turned out. haha. I hope they all love their new classes.

Jeanne said...

You can just see the excitement in their smiley faces to go back to school. It is such a fun time really, besides all of the preparation. I love Makayla's shoes too and I think you will have to lock both of them up really! I like the picture of Hunter and his buddy - so funny and your example of the boy greeting and the girl greeting- ha! So funny! Lauren and I are behind on our posting so I think we are having a blog party tonight if all goes well... no mutual, or family plans, minimum of homework... I think it might work!

Evie B. said...

Great post! The first day of school was always fun as a kid. Never really stopped to think about how it made my mom feel!

Cami Jo said...

They all look so cute! How fun. I'm glad Hunter did so well! It's amazing how fast they grow up!

Sam and Brie said...

Okay, so thats cool and all about your kids, sad thing is.. i'm more interested in the Cat behind Hunter where he's showing off his backpack?? if thats Olivia.. I so need to see her!! i miss her, my mom took her to grandpa's and told me after the fact and then said she ran away..wow!! oh she's so tute! sorry, i loved my kitty... i wouldn't take her from you guys but i was just curious if that was her?