What a fun weekend we had! It was time for our annual trip to St. George for the WCF Fights. We have been looking SO forward to getting out of here for a little vacation...and St. George was the perfect one. Unfortunately, Kylee was not able to come with us because she was gone to Oakcrest and had a wonderful time there. We sure missed her though!
We left on Thursday about 3:30 and hit a little bit of rain and a pretty good windstorm on the way down. However, the sky was so beautiful I couldn't help but sneak a few pictures from the window of my van.

Once we got there Chet and kids swam for a little bit and I took a little jaunt over to the temple to take some pictures. I am amazed at the feeling that surrounds that beautiful place. The moment I walked into the grounds and started taking pictures I was overcome with such a strong, sweet feeling of the spirit. I don't mean to sound goofy but it really did warm my heart and I felt so grateful for the blessings of the Temple and the opportunity I have to be a member of this church.


What a beautiful sight it is to see Palm trees. There's just something about them that makes you feel like you are in paradise...even if it's only a few hours south!
I'm probably going to be murdered for posting this pic but there are no faces showing so I figure it's okay...plus I just thought it was too cute.Fun being thrown in the pool!
I am SOO proud of Hunter. He had his very first fight ever on Thursday night. I was worried that he wouldn't go through with it but he did and it was so stinking cute! He really wanted this purple light saber at Walmart so this was perfect motiviation to get him in there. But the best part was he actually said, "that was fun!"
Grandpa was helping him practice. He was having Hunter punch him and he kept saying "harder, harder!" and Hunter punched as hard as he could with the meanest look on his face! He kept saying he was "Rocky!" haha and boy he made sure he looked mean while he was boxing! SO CUTE!!!
Hunter and the little boy he was boxing both had matching everything except for shorts, so it was a little hard to tell them apart. Hunter's shorts are blue with bright green, but here he is on the left.

I have never seen such a big grin on the kid before...especially after being punched a few times! But he really had a great time. When asked if he wanted to fight again the second night he said, "Oh, no thank you...next year!" haha....it was fun ONCE and once a year is enough. We didn't push it! :) Now he's just itching to get to Walmart to buy his light saber with his very own money that he earned boxing.



Talon and Braeden have been fighting each other from the very beginning. When they were 4 and 5 they couldn't hit very hard so Shanna and I weren't worried but now that they are older they are not only starting to get a feel for each other but also punching a little bit harder! But, we both still feel more comfortable with them fighting each other and not a kid we don't know! haha



It's kind of a bummer to be back and Hunter said today was "a bad day" he wants to live in St. George....me too buddy, me too!
Sunday, August 16, 2009
St. George
Posted by Kim and Chet at 9:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Great pictures Kim!
Those are some good pictures except for the pool shot. You know those are off limits!
i swear every time you guys head down this way we head up north. i'm glad everyone had a great time!
What great pictures of the temple. I also loved the B/W of the taped hands. I could do without the pool picture. Sure glad I wasn't in the pool at the time ;)
How cute! Wish I could've seen them. I bet they did AWESOME! Maybe one day Carson and Hunter can fight. THat'd be great!
Post a Comment