*Whew*...can I just tell you how happy I am to be done with the whole Christmas shopping scene! Chet and I finished up yesterday so that we wouldn't be out in the craziness this weekend. It's been nice to relax and not stress about the last few days before Christmas. It's also been so nice to not have to work retail (or at all) this Christmas Season. I have really enjoyed the extra time with my family this year and do not miss the extra stress that comes with working retail at Christmas time.We decided to kick off the weekend with some sledding with Cody and his kids and his cute girlfriend, Jessica, and her kids! Now if you want some great, steep hills go to the Riverbend park in Riverton. The hills are great! Although, it is quite the work out climbing back up those steep hills...dragging along sleds and little ones to boot. The kids had a riot and didn't seem to mind the climb as much as us old fogies! It was definitely bitter cold but after hiking up those hills a few times it makes you work up a sweat for sure. My poor little kids have grown out of their snow boots so we had to improvise a little...okay, A LOT! Makayla had to make due with red duct tape holding the sole of her boot to the rest of it and Talon, poor guy, had to wear his sister's old black boots. They had stars all over the top of them but, mind you, there was no way they were seen because his snow suit covered them up nicely. When he found out he had to wear Kylee's old ones the first thing out of his mouth was, "Aaww, Uncle Cody's going to see them!". I reassured him that nobody would ever know. He just said, "Pleeeaaase don't tell Uncle Cody!"...haha poor kid had the look of fear on his face knowing the ruthless teasing that would come if his Uncle Cody found out he was wearing girl's boots! Luckily, Cody didn't even notice. Time to go snow boot shopping!!! If anybody finds any good sales on them please let me know.
(Cody and I went to school with Jessica and she is the cutest, sweetest person you'll ever know! We're so happy to see him with her.)




0 comments:
Post a Comment