Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Winter Wonderland!

We had our first BIG snowfall on Sat. It started early in the morning and didn't stop until that evening. It was BEAUTIFUL outside! It's the image I dream of waking up to every Christmas morning. A soft blanket of white covered everything. You just have to appreciate the beauty that comes with the different seasons. My favorite thing about this kind of snowfall are the trees! How beautiful they all look as each branch and limp catch the falling snow. Each tree having it's own unique look just like the snowflakes that settle on them. It really is breathtaking....for me, anyway!

Poor Chet didn't have the plow on the lawn mower yet so he went out about 9:30am and I didn't see him until probably 5:00 that evening. He struggled with the battery, had to replace it, then couldn't get the plow on, a set of tire chains wasn't cooperating for him and then the tire fell of the rim all together at onetime as he was plowing our driveway as well as the neighbors. Poor guy was so sick by the time he came in. He wasn't feeling well before but this sure did him in.

I know most of you live here in Utah so this is mainly for those of you who don't and maybe live somewhere nice and warm, let say....oh, Southern California for example !!! The nice thing about being snowed in for a while (while Chet was working on our plow and driveway) was being able to start my new book, "Twilight" by Stephanie Meyer. I honestly could not put it down I was so obsessed! I strongly recommend it for anybody who likes to read and wants a good book. It's a very unique love story...and about vampires! (the good and bad kind) Try it out!


Ready....Aim....

FIRE!!!






Just to give you an idea by my railing and picnic table in the background just how fast it was coming down and sticking.

1 comments:

Jeanne said...

we haven't got anyof thay... well, just dusty stuff. I miss those big flakes! But then, I miss St. George in the winter too; like one long, wonderful fall!