After last years Nationals, Larry nominated Dad for the Nationals Golden Gloves Officials Hall of Fame. We soon received word that the National Board of Directors chose him to be inducted this year. They induct one official every year.
Dad had no idea that he had been chosen so for this last year we have all kept this secret. Chet wrote up a bio that they read to introduce him without announcing his name first. As they started reading the nominees amateur and professional record, along with the number of years he's been involved in boxing, Dad said he was thinking to himself. "There can't be two idiots stupid enough to do those things" haha! They finally announced his name as the 2008 inductee and he went up on the stage to receive the award and give a speech. He was very touched and honored to receive this award, and even had some tears in his eyes. He's been to 30 National tournaments over the years only missing one since he started when he broke his leg. As well as been involved in officiating for about 42 years. It was great to finally see him get the recognition the rest of us have always known he deserved from his fellow colleagues.
Congratulations Dad!! We're proud of you as well as proud to be known as your kids and family.
Gotta love this pic...I'm so tired I can't even keep my eyes open for a picture! :)
Hall of Famers!
Sunday, May 4, 2008
Golden Gloves Hall of Famer
Posted by Kim and Chet at 8:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
That is so awesome. He really does deserve the recognition. He has dedicated his life to the sport, it is about time they appreciated him like we all do. I am so proud to call him my dad. Thanks for the post!
Congratulations Mr. Fullmer.
They look awesome! I was bragging to a few friends (that are into boxing) just last night about my grandpa!
I love the picture of the two of them sleeping. (Don't we all have one of those?!)
Tell Uncle Chet I like the facial hair!
Post a Comment