Well here we are...drowning in a sea of laundry (which is just from Chet and I) weeds in our yard that are almost up to our knees and cupboards that are bare! It is all worth it though just to have some time alone together. We had a great time and I need to update our trip from the last couple of days we were there...plus some extra pics I didn't post before. Now the pictures are completely out of order because I still haven't mastered how to load pictures in the order I want them yet.
Our fighter made it to the finals on Saturday night but lost in a very close bout. We were all so proud of him though because it has been several, several years since we've had a fighter from the Rocky Mountain franchise make it this far. The Rocky Mountain franchise consists of fighters from Idaho, Montana, Wyoming and Utah. We had a couple of fighters from Utah make it to the quarter finals on Thursday and one of them really did win his bout but unfortunately the cards didn't come out that way.
The last night of the fights were televised so when we were thinking that since there were only 11 fights we'd be out by 9:00...umm, WRONG!!! Between every bout they presented trophies and interviewed people among other things.
Our fighter made it to the finals on Saturday night but lost in a very close bout. We were all so proud of him though because it has been several, several years since we've had a fighter from the Rocky Mountain franchise make it this far. The Rocky Mountain franchise consists of fighters from Idaho, Montana, Wyoming and Utah. We had a couple of fighters from Utah make it to the quarter finals on Thursday and one of them really did win his bout but unfortunately the cards didn't come out that way.
The last night of the fights were televised so when we were thinking that since there were only 11 fights we'd be out by 9:00...umm, WRONG!!! Between every bout they presented trophies and interviewed people among other things.
Here is a picture of Uncle Gene being interviewed.
Chet HOPING to get an interview :)
This is a picture of a guy that Uncle Don fought..."Cyclone" Hart (on the far left)...and their sons. Cyclone actually had a son fight in the tournament who is in the green warm ups.
It was so amazing to me to see how many people wanted autographs and pictures of Dad, Uncle Don, and Uncle Gene. What a wonderful legacy they have created for us and it is such a privilege and honor to have their name!
Saturday we took a little drive out to Grand Haven to see Lake Michigan. There is definitely a reason why it is called one of the "Great Lakes"...that thing is massive measuring over 10,000 nautical miles across and in parts was 970 feet deep. From the beach to the pier there was probably a 10 degree drop in air temperature. It was FREEZING on the Pier! There was a guy swimming, YES swimming in the lake. He had his wet suit covering his whole body but he said it was still cold. The lake at this time of year is about 44 degrees. YIKES!!! There, that's your geography lesson for the day!
Chet on the beach...you can see the pier and lighthouse in the background. Oh, notice those shorts that Troy's wearing...that was only the 8th day he wore them in a row! I was beginning to feel a little ill seeing them on him again...haha!
On the pier.
Us?...tourists? Now what would make you think that??




1 comments:
Great Post! It was fun to read and look at. I am glad you had good time and I am glad you are back. I wish I had time to call you though! I am thinking Friday might be the first day I will have enough time for the two of us to talk- because we need our time!
Post a Comment