Monday, September 1, 2008

Rocking Labor Day Weekend!

Wow! I can't believe that it is September already. I swear I don't know where the time goes. Especially when you start thinking that Christmas is only 4 months away...that's really not a long time.

We had an enjoyable and busy Labor Day weekend and hope everyone else had the same. We didn't go anywhere exciting (other than the High School football game) or too far b/c of the outrageous gas prices.

Saturday night Chet had to officiate some Pro fights in Layton so he wasn't around but the rest of us headed over to Jessica's and Cody's for Tristen's bday party. Then on Sunday, Kylee, Makayla and Talon had the opportunity to sing in Sacrament Mtg for the musical number. They sang "If the Savior Stood Beside Me" and did such a great job. I wish all of you could've been there to hear it. I am just a proud momma :)

Then Sunday night we had lots of fun with Shellie's kids and Felicia. Taylor brought over his Rock Band and they all came over and we had a little Rock Band Party downstairs!!! It's so much fun, even though I'm terrible at the drums. Although, Cole and Felicia figured out a great way to do the drums. So if you have enough people have one of them work the foot pedal while someone else does the actual drumming. Works great for those of us who aren't coordinated enough to do both at the same time...haha (in the first pic you can see Cole working the pedal)
Taylor impressed all with his singing skills and Kyle and Chet rocked on the guitars. I was quite impressed with my own daughter and started to wonder if maybe we had Kylee taking the wrong kind of lessons! She was amazing on the drums...especially for only playing it once or twice before. There are successful female drummers right? Cole and Felicia did great too as they did the "team drumming"! Great idea guys :) I did have a flawless performance on the guitar so I have to say I didn't do too bad myself :) (and NO it wasn't on EASY!)

Monday we had a bbq with family and that is always nice. It was a fun weekend even though Kylee and I couldn't sleep in today b/c the YW had flag duty...ugh! Oh well, there'll be other holidays! Well, it's back to work, school and routine tomorrow :(

6 comments:

Jeanne said...

Lauren had flags today too but she slept in and they didn't even call and wake her up because she is always there when others are not. But she went and took them down and it was cold and rainy today. We had a nice day off of school today too, we went to Target and the kids spent more of their gift card money.

Evie B. said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! Sorry we didn't get to see you guys yesterday - I didn't realize everyone was getting together for Labor day. :(

Sonda said...

The kids sounded great at church. They are so brave for getting up in front of everyone and singing. You'd never find me doing that!!!

Shellie said...

Your kids did a great job on Sunday. I am counting on them for the program in a month or so. Rock band looked fun, I got boo-ed off the stage las time I tried it. And I used to be a drummer, go figure, old folks lose their coordination I guess.

Jana Sohm said...

Looks like you had a fun weekend! Your family is so cute!

Audrey said...

that game is very hard! I've never thought of having two on the drums.. Looks like a lot of fun!!