Friday, November 14, 2008

BHS - WIN, TSO - WOW

We had a really fun day yesterday. Chet and I went to the BHS football semi's in the morning and watched them win to advance to the State Championship game next week. The only bummer is that I already purchased TWILIGHT tickets without knowing IF they would make to the finals or that it would be at 6:30pm and the movie starts at 7:00!!! Oh well, I get way to worked up at those games anyway so maybe it's better if I don't go... (dang! Doesn't the league know it's opening day for Twilight? Duh, they should schedule better! What were they thinking?)

But the best part of the evening was the Trans-Siberian Orchestra show! We have been wanting to go see them for the last 5 years now but tickets have always been pricey and we've just never made it. This year we decided "what the heck"! I went online looking for tickets earlier this week but they were all sold out. The day before the show my wonderful hubby went on the Cougar Board and posted that he was looking for tickets and immediately found two. They were incredible seats and the show was more than amazing! They played for over 2 hours strait and their light show was unreal. It was definitely worth every single penny!

These are a couple of my favorite songs that they do.

Wizards in Winter




They also have a Christmas Canon version with no guitar and a children's choir! It's beautiful!

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

Kim, you guys do so much fun stuff. That is awesome, except now I am realizing how much I need a date night- thanks a lot!

Sonda said...

I am SOOO jealous! One of these years I'm going to have to make Dave take me. I'm sure he'd love it, but the whole orchestra part of the name scares him! I'm glad you got to go.

Cami Jo said...

How fun! Hey- lucky you got twilight tickets. I was suppose to be at Celine Dion that night, and now that concert is postponed! Maybe I'll go to the game.

Glad you liked the concert. They are great!