First of all...SURPRISE! Who would've ever thought that we'd see gas prices like this again??!! I'm so excited and just think that this is proof that there is hope and that miracles DO happen!!!The next surprise would be for Kylee. One thing that makes having a best friend even better is when you both have daughters who are also best friends! Jeanne lives in Idaho and her daughter, Lauren, and Kylee have not seen each other for over 4 years. They email each other all the time but we just haven't been able to get them together.
Well, Lauren's dad decided to come to SLC to go to the Y/U game and brought Lauren into town with him. Jeanne and I decided it would be great to get the girl's together and made arrangements to do so. I kept it a secret from Kylee and when it was time to pick Lauren up from her Grandma's house I just asked Kylee to come with me to pick something up from Jeanne's mom's house. When we got to the door, Lauren answered and Kylee freaked! It was so fun to see them get reunited. Kylee started crying which in turn made me a bit teary eyed. They had a fun day together hanging out here at the house and at the mall. It was so fun for them and I'm so glad that we were able to finally get them together again.
Jeanne's mom still lives in the same house on the same street I grew up on in Kearns. So, it was so much fun to see my old house again. I had to take a picture to show you where I grew up for 12 years. The window on the far left was my bedroom!I don't know why the pics aren't in the order I loaded them in but here are some of Kylee and Lauren together and when they first saw each other at the door!
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Surprise!
Posted by Kim and Chet at 9:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Thanks Kim! It was so fun to hear from my mom, you and Lauren about today. What a memorable weekend it will be for Lauren and her dad. Sorry about the Y, but then if they won then Randal's trip down wouldn't have been so good!
Oh, and yeah, those gas prices are like 4 or 5 years ago! I love it!!! It is like a time warp or something.
I meant 3 or 4 years ago. Maybe it was in honor of Lu and FU? because it seems about that long ago.
Oh, this is so cute. It is awesome to have a best friend. I think it's so cool that you and Jeanne have been friends so long. Remember when we used to yell "John!....Marsha!" across the street and then we'd run and hug each other? We'd do it for like an hour. Hilarious. Good old Kearns. I need to go take a pic of my old house!
Post a Comment