Friday, November 28, 2008

Crazy or Just Plain Stupid!!!


...Or Evonne!!! Yeah, those of you who were there with us know what I'm talking about!!!

"Shop til you drop" has nothing on me today! It's a day looked forward to all year long. To be honest, sometimes I'm not sure why. Maybe because getting such a good bargain on some things is such a high but sometimes I have to ask myself, is it worth getting trampled, punched and rammed with carts just to save a buck? It must be...because I seem to keep doing it year after year after year.

This year Jessica and I started our Black Friday at 12:00am. We wanted to hit Aeropostale at the mall b/c the entire store was 50% off. I tried to sleep a little bit before then (after we came home from Thanksgiving dinner at mom's) but I just had too many things going through my head and was afraid I wouldn't get up in time. I picked Jess up and we stood in line in the cold at the South Town Mall amongst a whole bunch of teenagers until the doors opened. The store was SO packed you could hardly move! We hit a few other stores at the mall, then went to breakfast at Denny's and headed off to meet Evonne, Shanna, Tiff, & Bri at Walmart at about 3:45am. That place was INSANE!!! I have NEVER seen it that bad before. It's always crazy but this year was ridiculous! I gave up on a lot of the things I wanted b/c it just wasn't worth the fight. I got rammed into a couple of times and one lady noticed I was pregnant and totally chewed out the total stranger who did it! Made me feel grateful that there are some decent shoppers out there!

After Walmart it was off to Target, where we waited in line outside and planned our strategy so we could all get what we wanted. and I have to say I got quite a kick out of watching Brienna, who is about 8 months pregnant, running as fast as she could through the aisles to get what we wanted. Then, Jess and I hit another store and I came home and had a little cat nap and then headed out again for a second round this afternoon for some more things. needless to say I am SOOO pooped!!! But for being nearly 7 months pregnant I think I did pretty well considering I never went to bed last night and even now I am running on only 2 hours sleep! So, you tell me...crazy or just plain STUPID!!!

4 comments:

Cami Jo said...

Both. I think you are insane! I'm not far from it, but at least I slept last night until about 4:00am! Shopko was much less dramatic. I loved it! People weren't quite so ornery, and I really got most of what I needed. Hey- did you get my message about the lincoln logs? I got them (there was only about 3 left, but I got them!) Anyway, I left them at my mom's so Hunter could get them from Carson on Christmas Day, instead of after, when we get there.

Glad to hear you guys had fun though. How did Jessica hold up???

Jeanne said...

I am voting for crazy; I have only done that one year and did not find it worth it.

Emily Walker said...

I would say crazy! lol I've never done the early morning shopping. I had considered it this year, but was fortunate enough to have to work instead. ha ha I was up at midnight and again at 3 so it felt like I was like everyone else doing the shopping thing. After I got off work I decided to go to the mall. And having to take Brooklynn in the stroller was crazy! I also went to Target and got a few things. I never knew what any of the sells were so I didn't have to know what I missed out on. I just wanted to shop! Glad no one got hurt.

Sonda said...

I guess whatever I say goes for me too. We did the same thing. I'm surprised I didn't see you anywhere. I'm glad you and baby are still intact!