Sunday, November 9, 2008

Goal + Hardwork = $$$


At the beginning of the school year Kylee made it a goal to get a 4.0. We told her that it would take a lot of hard work because the work in Middle School is a lot harder than it is in Elementary. We also made her a deal that if she did get a 4.0 she could have contact lenses. Well, I told her she could have contacts and Chet told her he would give her $100. So, either way it comes out at about the same I'm sure.

The quarter ended just over a week ago and we are so proud to say that she achieved her goal and got her 4.0! We are both so proud of her and all of her hard work. A new challenge we gave her is to try to make it through the whole year with a 4.0. :)

Now I've just got to make an appt for her somewhere to have another eye exam and get fitted for her contacts. Neither Chet or I wear them so I am new to this whole procedure. I don't want to go back to Shopko, where she had her first exam and glasses, because I'm not really happy with them so if any of you have any recommendations for me please let me know!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Tennyson got contacts and he hates 'em. I told him not to but NOO no one ever listens. Maybe Kylee will do better but maybe not. Just forwarning you.

Jeanne said...

Good job Kylee, and in line with Lauren, I hope you have better luck with your contacts not bothering your eyes- we can't seem to find a pair that don't drive him bonkers! They look like they would be so simple, and so many people love them?

Cami Jo said...

Congratulations Kylee! That's awesome! That takes so much discipline. You should be proud of yourself. I want James to get contacts too. Maybe if he gets a 4.0 I'll get him some!

Snow looks fun. I actually am looking forward to a little snow. The kids would love to play in it this year, I'm sure.

Tell Uncle Chet sorry about the loss. I'm sure they played great though. It's hard to get so close though, I bet. He's a great coach anyway!

26 centimeters, bah! No biggy. I'm sure you look cute as ever!

Candace said...

Hi Kimmy! Another one on the way? That's awesome. Late congratulations! Your kids are soooo beautiful. Your blog is cute. I'm a fan.