Bingham High School- Then, Now, Always!
On September 9th BHS turned 100 years old! They kicked off the centennial celebration that night at the High School with an Assembly, tours of the school, displays with memorabilia all the way back to 1908 and birthday cake in the cafeteria.
It was a lot of fun and I got to see some old, familiar faces. I could not believe how much the school has changed in just the last 16 years since I have been there. It almost made me sad. But, I know change happens and the school actually looks really nice with the recent renovations.
Last night was the "centennial" football game and they dedicated the new field and Ron Thorne Stadium. The field is now turf instead of grass and looks SO nice. They also have a nice video scoreboard! The first High School in the state to get one. It was a great game and a lot of fun. They played Jordan High who turned 100 last year. To celebrate they honored old coaches and players from 1960 and earlier. Also, all of the cheerleaders wore old uniforms from alumni cheerleaders. I loaned them a few of mine and I was so happy to see that 3 of them (tops only) made it onto the field one more time! And for the 100th celebration at that. I had to take pics for proof ...haha:)
The sweater in the middle with the block look and B in the bottom corner is mine.
(I never did really like that one...wasn't my favorite!)
Here are my two sweaters standing next to each other :)
I didn't get one of the 3rd top b/c she was always at the other end!
These are our graduating years. What's scary is this is actually the exact hair style Chet had in his Senior pic. The only thing that's missing is his suit and tie! But one thing is for certain, Chet and preppy hair just don't mix!
1989

1992







4 comments:
Those yearbook pics were great! Chet looked a lot like Shane in some of them. A young Shane. haha
Very cool!! That must have been fun to see pieces of your uniforms!!!! Love the pictures so much, I did my own and put them on my blog!!
Kim, the 88 hair was just like yours though I think! There were only a few girls with that hairstyle in 92, I think most were like 94, don't you? Well, at least at Kearns. You will have to see Lauren's pics when she gets them on her blog. She loves the big hair. I said she can have it as long as she doesn't get short layers on top! She likes your old do, but the 94 is her fave I think. I love the 74 hair on her. She looks like Lilly Potter, but the chin didn't match up as well that time. More so in another attempt!
the 90 hair was exactly what my hair looked like that year. My soph pic is almost the same exact as that 90 pic...only darker. My Jr year it wasn't too much different but in 92 I tamed it down a lot. I grew my bang layers out and just had little whispy bangs. I mostly wore it pulled half back in a clip or SCRUNCHY during 92.
Post a Comment