For the last few years Makayla and Kylee have taken tumbling from a neighbor of ours. She was great and very affordable too. Well, she decided last spring that she was no longer going to teach b/c her family needed her...which I can totally understand.
However, that has left me with the task of trying to find a replacement. Most gyms I have looked at are so outrageous in cost and there's no way with Hunter going to preschool this year that I can afford to send both girls to places that expensive.
I hate for Kylee to stop taking tumbling because she is so close to having her standing back tuck and roundoff-back handspring-back tuck. She has decided she wants to follow in her mother's footsteps and be a cheerleader so I really want her to have the training she needs to be able to have that opportunity to try out and actually stand a chance. So, if you know of anyplace that is good and affordable please feel free to let me know.
The thing with Makayla is she is a VERY "carefree" child to put it mildly. She loves to tumble, to play the piano and other things but she just hates to have to practice or put any work into it to progress. She just cries and sits there when I make her do it and I don't know what to do. I'm just tired of the fight. I don't want to spend a lot of money on something every month that she is not going to work at and progress in.
Sonda told me about a lady who teaches dance in Riverton. She teaches several different classes and is very affordable. I got Makayla signed up for the Jazz/Hip hop/Clogging class for only $28 a month! They also perform several times a year unlike her old dance studio that only performed once a year and their costumes were $60. Now studio's and studio prices are great for the serious dancer but for my sweet, little Makayla she just wants something "fun" to do and this is perfect. (I'm probably sounding like the really cheap mom here but hey, when you've got FOUR kids all involved in things it gets rough on the wallet!)
She started last night and it was so cute to watch. She definitely got her coordination skills from her dad...who couldn't skip when he was little...and not from me! We'll have to work with her at home on a few things but that's okay. She's excited and had fun!
Friday, September 12, 2008
Time to Dance!
Posted by Kim and Chet at 11:51 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Oh what you talking about. This dude can get his steps on like nobody's business!
well good luck finding a replacement teacher, and I hope that Makayla likes her class.
Just for the record, you don't sound like a cheap mom. I don't put my kids in anything as you know because it is all so expensive and Lauren will probably never learn a back hand spring to go after her cart wheel, but at least she has drama!
I hope this is what Makayla is looking for. I hear ya on the money thing. With all of our kids, we have to pick and choose who does what when. And it's not just the money, it's the time and running around too. You're a great mom!
Post a Comment