Wow...I have been a really good blogger this month! I guess I can attribute that to so much happening. I am a couple days late with this post but it deals mostly with last Sunday. I just wanted to blog about this more for my own records than anything else.
Sunday was quite the eventful day for the two little boys in our family. One had a traumatic experience and the other had one that I would have to assume was fantastic because he kept doing it!
Talon was asked to give a talk in Primary and he immediately knew exactly which one he wanted to do. He hunted down The Friend magazine and showed us what he wanted to do. He knew it well but I think with nerves he ended up reading most of it instead of telling about it. He's always done great with nerves in the past but about halfway through his talk they really kicked in. He started to shake really bad physically and we could hear him shaking in his voice. Chet and I didn't know what was going on until we looked at Shellie. I debated on even mentioning this part b/c I don't want to embarrass him but it has happened to us all at one time in our lives. Those of you who are family or were there know what happened. It was one of those embarrassing moments that makes every mom want to cry for their poor little child. When Chet and I looked over at Shellie with questioned looks on our faces she mouthed the words "bathroom"! Enough said. I'm sure you can guess what happened next.
Our cute little guy finished his talk, stood at the podium going through his papers, taking a bit longer than needed. He had this look on his face like "oh no, how am I going to get out of this with no one knowing?". He calmly sat back down at the front and I watched him look down at his lap and then lay the magazine he was holding down on his lap. I started to look a little closer and I saw the evidence. Poor guy! When they excused his class Chet and I quickly walked in front of, and behind, him and took him out the doors and home to change. All the way home we told him stories of when that happened to us and how everybody has had that happen. Even adults! He got a kick out of Chet's story when his accident happened on Santa's lap and he thought for sure he was getting nothing for Christmas that year!
Luckily none of the kids said anything to him when he got back to class and I don't think anybody noticed or knew except for the teachers. That night at dinner he told us that was the most embarrassing thing that's ever happened to him. He's handled it okay though b/c that night at Grandma's when she asked him about his talk he said, "It didn't go very well though," and proceeded to tell her about the incident laughing as he did so.
Now Hunter, on the other hand, is definitely his father's son! Sonda was substituting in Primary and sitting behind our cute little sunbeams when it came to her attention that my little Hunter and her little Tiara were having their first kiss! It didn't end with just the one either, apparently they kept going at it over and over until the teacher noticed and put a stop to it! I apologize to Sonda that Tiara didn't get her first kiss at sweet sixteen but like I said, I can't blame him...she did look awful cute with all those curls in her hair! I have a feeling though, that I'm in trouble with this guy!!! Four years old and already kissing the girls...Oh NO!!!
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Oh No!!!
Posted by Kim and Chet at 10:39 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
What memories...
I felt so bad for Talon. He did such a good job on his talk - I probably would have bolted halfway through!
At least Hunter made it to 4. Tiara has only been 3 for a month! Should I have "the talk" with her?
Post a Comment