It's true that I will never forget where I was or what I was doing 7 years ago today. Chet called me from work and told me to turn on the TV. I couldn't believe what I was seeing or hearing. As I dropped Kylee off for kindergarten that was the talk amongst all the parents that morning. I came home and never left the TV or radio...it was just unreal! Later that night as I held and rocked my little baby boy I thought of all the babies and children out there who were now without their mother's or fathers. Husband's and wives who just lost the person they loved most. I thought of those who received phone calls from their spouses on the planes and those stuck in the building, saying their goodbye's knowing they wouldn't make it out. All of those people who never made it home that day.
I cried and cried and cried.
Here's to all those who's lives were forever changed that day...
Thursday, September 11, 2008
A Tribute...
Posted by Kim and Chet at 2:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
Tennyson came home yesterday and told me about the stuff he learned about it yesterday. He told me about a guy who called his wife, but she wasn't there so he called 911 and left a message for them to tell her he loved her. He was on the plane that landed in Pennsylvania. I had to explain to Ivy what he was talking about and I just can't do it without choking up. I think it brought our country together in ways that are being forgotten. Good tribute by the way. I watched history channel last night and there was a bunch of footage people had gotten with no music, just the silence of the aftermath and people evacuating the city on the bridge.
Post a Comment